Tuesday 30 April 2013

FLYERS, FRAMING AND PELHAM NIGHT OF THE ARTS

Busy day, did the mundane cleaning of the house this morning. It was great to open the doors and windows and let the fresh air in 23 degrees C. today. YEAH!!!

This afternoon, I was on the road over to my framers to pick up "Angel"(oh my goodness she looks fabulous!) and so do "Strip Mining " and "Vessels". All paintings are now ready for the Pelham Art Festival. I just have to haul out my lights, test them, check my show bin and make sure I have all my hooks, labels, taki, credit card machine etc.

I also picked up  my friend Margories painting as it was ready too. Drove to Marg's but she wan't in. I emailed her when I got home to let her know I had it. Unpacked the van, grabbed a snack (have to watch my sugar levels) and a drink. Picked up paper work for tonights meeting, cheque for Art In The Park and some information on bank sponsorship, put some pecans in a zippy bag and off to the meeting.

Arrived a little early for meeting, dropped cheque and banking info with Sally. Sally had the 5,000 flyers for the ART IN THE PARK - terrific - I can get them out to the artists ASAP so they can hand them out at their shows. I'll put them through the library system as well. I must email Sally or Monique and see if I can get an e copy for the artists , I can put one up on my website and they can email them out to their clients. Monique did a nice job on the flyers - very summery looking.

 Our meeting was short tonight as Monique had to pick up her kids at school as they were returning from a trip to Florida with the school band. (bet they had lots of fun) Todd was at the meeting tonight and proposed that instead of the Muskoka chairs that we were going to auction off , he suggested a pallet wall structure with benches that would be erected in Peace Park (functional art) people would pay a twoonie ($2) per slat then paint it, put a design on it, their name, saying/ phrases etc. Then the slats would be attached to the wooden wall. Todd said that there was enough room for 2,000 boards generating hopefully $4,000 and we could get some grant money for public art to help with costs. BRILLIANT!! We are going to approach local schools to have children display their art and each participating child would get a certificate and perhaps a voucher. Problem is that we don't really have a large area to display the art so we thought of having Dave ,our grade 8 co chair, film the submissions and then show the film at the Pelham Night of The Arts. Meeting ended and we'll all meet again after the Pelham Art Festival as Monique and I are participating artists and another member of our planning team is volunteering at the Art Festival and is involved with set up.


No comments:

Post a Comment