Thursday 25 April 2013

AN INTERESTING DAY

Today started much like any other, woke up (always a good thing) had breakfast, went to Vermeer's Gardening centre to get my orchid repotted. After a brief discussion, I discovered that I had been water my plant wrong and the pot I had brought in to have the orchid transplanted was too big - solution pack in more orchids and cover with moss. Looks great! I wanted planters for a very narrow 10" wide hall table and the mantel over the fireplace. I was directed to some really pretty citrus coloured pots in a variety of different shapes and sizes, including some in the shape of a coffee cup with polka dots ( just had to get  a lemon colour one with white polka dots for the kitchen table). I chose two small lime and one small orange pot and decided that succulents or some funky cactus would look great with a more modern decor. The mantel over the fireplace became somewhat problematic I couldn't make up my mind what size and shape of container to use - think I'll check out some antique places to see if I can find something a little unusual.

After Vermeer's I went to have an orthotic made. It was a fascinating procedure. I have never had a cast made of any part of me before. As Amedeus worked making the casts of my feet, I couldn't help but think that the casts after they have been used to make a mould might make for some interesting 3 D art work.

Back home for a quick dinner then off to an art class. The class worked on a humming bird. I did my own thing and continued working on my experiment with colour and worked on an old farm building.
I really like the colour combinations one gets when using compliments and how these colours play off each other in a painting.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget you have a GOOD friend who would be Happy to make you a Planter any Size,Shape and Colour/Colours you would like!

    ReplyDelete