Friday 12 April 2013

WORKING ON SUBTRACTIVE METHOD TODAY -NON REPRESENTATIONAL

Today, I remembered to thicken my watercolour paint prior to applying them to the canvas, better results I think. Working analogously still red violet, violet, blue violet with compliment of yellow. I have applied a layer of plastic wrap to create a secondary level of texture. Currently this piece is drying.

I took the canvas I started yesterday upstairs late last night to have a second look at what had transpired. At first, I wasn't too impressed, but on a second look I started to see some possibilities. I have been working on it again this afternoon and doing some light lifting, looking at it as a non objective piece. I started to see things like shell shapes, wings, bottles a hand grasping a vase/bottle, a lady with a wine glass on her nose, someone with their head tilted back eating grapes - perhaps this painting is from the Greek god of wine Baccus'  home and these are old wine vessels spilling out the last vestiges of the nectar left over from an orgy! Goodness this would be a fun painting to have in a dining room or wine cellar.

I have also been working on Art In The Park today. I am very pleased to say that we juried in a new artist, Lauren Ellis, ex Wellander who now lives in Guelph. Lauren works in graphite/pencil. We are all very happy to welcome her aboard. I contacted both Monique and Sally re our flyer for the show emphasizing the need to have it in the hands of our artists by May 1st. we have artists participating in 2 major shows in the peninsula were the combined attendance is approx. 9,000 people. Plus once May starts many art shows will follow all leading up to ours in July, so we need flyers to send to our clients and to hand out to new folks at the shows we will be participating in this spring/summer.
More cheques have come in from artists this week and I'll have to get them over to the Town next week.

1 comment:

  1. I think we deparately need to get out for lunch, and have a bottle of wine together instead of just looking for one in your painting!

    ReplyDelete