Thursday 4 April 2013

GOOD VISIT WITH FRIENDS - WHO WERE VERY HELPFUL INDEED

Just prior to leaving yesterday for my framer.I had a call from a friend and fellow artist which made me fall behind in my schedule a bit.

The drive over to my framer's was beautiful. I drove by Decew Falls, all the colours of the barren fields and forests stripped of their leaves so you can see the true form of the trees. Just love it. Looking for the white swans in the lake - didn't see any, but plenty of Canadian geese.

Once at Frame Craft, it seemed to be an endless stream of paintings coming from the van. Roseanne and her daughter came out to help me position them and try and select appropriate frames. We found some really beautiful textured frames in an espresso finish that really made the portraits pop when we added a thin black liner. the other paintings will be framed with simple modern  clean line black frames. The black I think helps direct peoples attention to what is important and that is the painting.

I vacillated  with the 3 big paintings between two different sizes of the same frame one about 2 inches wider than the other, they both gave the paintings a sense of presence but, the deeper frame really had impact. Two problems arise. One, I am a person of small stature and holding at 39 years of age  and I am slightly concerned that the size and weight of these frames will present a problem as I move them from show to show. Second, I may have to go to my bank and ask them to float me a loan to pay for this order. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained.

I am awaiting an email from Frame Craft to tell me what the damages will be if I proceed with this order. YIKES! My consolation is that the frames are well made and of solid wood, hence my concern regarding their weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment