Saturday 13 April 2013

DAY TWO OF THE GREAT EXPERIMENT

I unwrapped my experiment from yesterday, looked carefully at the additional dimension created by wrapping it in kitchen wrap. Set it up on my easel and went and put a load of wash on. It's Saturday here and it's when our hydro rates are lowest so I try and get all my laundry done  using the lowest rates. Back at my easel. I have set out 2 fresh water containers, tissues and a soft  brush. As I look at the piece, I begin to see shapes to lift. Today, I am trying to stay totally focused on non representational shapes. I have decided to document this process and so I took an initial photo. I became so engrossed in what I was attempting to do that I forgot my morning snack and it wasn't until my tummy started rumbling that I checked my watch and realised it was way past my lunch When I  returned to my studio I looked at the work, & realised I had to many wormy looking shapes. I decided to go big incorporating the already lifted shapes - ah much better. I keep turning the work to see which way I like it best, while doing this I started to see racing cars, a Pinocchio, a hand, all kinds of realistic shapes. I think this will be a good place to snap another picture. I am also considering adding an additional layer perhaps a half drop repeat of a simple geometric pattern or perhaps stamping. This process certainly gets the little grey cells excited! It's off to work I go - more laundry - more paint!

Darn, interrupted by the doorbell - company - everything on hold until later.

Two pic's from the beginning of this experiment. Colours need adjusting from the actual to the web. But the gist of the experiment can be seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment