Sunday 21 April 2013

GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES

I am not only getting ready for the Pelham Art Festival on Mother's Day Weekend but, the Heirloom Show which takes place the 2nd weekend in June at Vermeer's Gardening Centre. Erin Snow who is coordinating the Heirloom show has asked for donations. I am putting together bundles of note cards with giclee prints of some of my waterclour paintings. I am  also going to donate a painting.

I have been working on my three swans. I think it is working up well. It now has several layers and I am pleased with the over all feel of the work. On completion I will photograph it and put it on my blog and then on my website. I like the large square format 24 x 24.

I started a small landscape painting last Monday of some old farm buildings near Napanee, Ontario. Originally, I thought of doing them realistically but then colour combinations started milling around in my head and they wouldn't go away. I worked on the painting for a very brief time last Monday as I had to go to Toronto in the afternoon to pick up my son at Pearson airport. So had basically just roughed in the subject, today I completed the painting changing up values and reworking the analogous palette I had chosen. You just have to love red violet pine trees! This little canvas was lots of fun to paint and the results are made all the better because of choosing a non realistic colour palette. The colours sing in this painting. I'll photograph the little painting along with the swans and put them on the blog together.

No comments:

Post a Comment