Tuesday 14 May 2013

AMAZON.COM

Prior to the Pelham Art Festival, I decided to purchase a 30" high directors chair. This chair allows you to sit and be at eye level with your customers. I did what most of us do and researched the chairs online. I found many sellers, including one company that I had done business with previously, Amazon. I am sure many of you have bought from Amazon as well. I was so close to the show, I opted to pay extra to have the chair arrive in time for me to use at the festival. It arrived promptly. When I went to unpack it, I noticed that the large box was opened all along one side. I took the chair frame out of the box and after carefully searching the box I realized that the canvas back and seat were missing. Long story slightly shortened, I noticed on a label it had the order ID, how to make a return and an area that said "Have feed back on how we package? Tell us at www.amazon.com/packaging I thought fair enough, I will go to this website and let Amazon know what has happened. I expected a reply within 24 hrs. - no reply - I waited. Finally, today I went on line to Amazon several times and got quick results. They were very apologetic and have credited my account and will be sending me a replacement chair with the proper canvas. It is refreshing and heart warming to know that there are companies out there that truly value their clients.

I am very pleased to say that AMAZON is an honourable company and I will promote them to friends and family and I will continue to be a customer. A valued one!

No comments:

Post a Comment