Thursday 10 May 2012

LOCKED AND LOADED


My day started slowly in prep for tomorrow. As I looked myself in the face I realized that tomorrow I would indeed need to add make up after washing. Oh my! I seldom wear make up, so seldom that I decided I needed to replenish my foundation and blush ( apparently you should be throwing it out after 6 months) mine is a tad past that recommendation by about 5 1/2 years -----or sooo.

I go into my local Shoppers and I am confronted by at least a dozen different cosmetic lines --- conundrum -- does one pay more to look younger or does one pay modestly and wear what all the other teenagers are wearing. I ask the store clerk to give me some advise as my skin is very pale and I cannot tell if the blush is complimentary to my skin tone. No response --- I repeat the question and she tells me what I already know ---"You're very pale she says" -I repeat the question again thinking she didn't processes what I said to her - her response was "Your change is $2.05" --  Oh well I guess this is one reason why I don't wear make up often. I am sure I'll look at least 16 maybe even a little more mature.!

Stellar start:

I drop into the hair salon where I had my hair cut and ( only my hairdresser knows the rest) yesterday, I forgot to pick up the"Shine". Shinny hair now comes in a spray can. Who knew??? I thought it came through good diet. Wrong ------- again!

Next to the library to drop in on Jim. He need some wire and hardware for his paintings. Plus I need to find out if he needs me to pick him up in Niagara Falls in the morning. If he does I will wait and pack the van for the show after I drop him off in the morning. Luckily Jim's son is loaning him his car so he won't need me to pick him up.

Arrive home: Heave Ho, up the stairs and into the van 16 large paintings , 2  - three foot x four foot paintings, 2 bags of support materials, large box of all my lights and electrical cords, my cradle and a basket of small paintings, a ladder and a dolly. All I have to remember to add tomorrow evening is my cash box. I am LOCKED AND LOADED----- BRING IT ON!!!!

Addendum:


Look out Pelham here we come. Sixty Eight fine artists are moving into the Pelham Arena for the Mother's Day Weekend. As I write, there are many high school students and senior public school students labouring to help set up the arena under the watchful eyes of adult volunteers. The stage will be set up and sound systems check so we will be able to rock out at the Gala evening tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment