Monday 7 May 2012

JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!

Today was a BAM's day. Worked on finishing up two small tulip paintings. Now to start pulling together the PAF show. The Pelham Art Festival is just around the corner. I have gone through my Etsy shop stats to get an idea of paintings that are receiving the most hits.The information is quite useful, to date over 1,800 people world wide have been on the sight and given their general opinion's on the paintings listed.

(I really like the Etsy philosophy of promoting positive reinforcement for all of it's shop owners. It kind of follows along the old saying "if you cannot say something nice, do not say anything at all." If, you like a shop or an item in a shop you can favour it. If you don't you simply shop else where.)

Pelham is always a lot of fun, it's exciting to meet up with friends after a long winter and to see the great new works they have created. I'm looking forward to seeing our clients,friends and family that will come out to the show to shop and lend their enthusiastic support. Saturday night after the show the artists go to the Ross' and party hearty into the wee hours. Those of us who are local bring potluck and my friend Jim can usually be found doing his thing at the Barbie.

I wish all the artists good sales.

 I look forward to selling some of my own as well. It would be great to make some extra cash to put in the savings account for my son's wedding in Mexico in 2013. Destination weddings are fun but expensive. I'm not so sure that we can really call Bryan and Lori's wedding a destination wedding as they will be living in Mexico soon.

I need to wire several new paintings,make Id tags, bubble wrap paintings, box them and lay out a rough plan for hanging, check my lighting system, tables, chair. table clothes, lay out my rug and try and flatten it, check show equipment boxes, go over my Pelham Show check list and begin assembling everything in the studio.

I will also make a slide show presentation for my lap top. I think this adds an extra dimension to the show and allows potential customers to have a look at works not being shown at the festival.

These are all good intentions we'll see how far we get tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment