Tuesday 8 May 2012

RUMMAGE, RUMMAGE - TOIL AND----------

Planned out and pulled together paintings to be shown at the festival this weekend. Ran to Staples for some supplies. Re visited the plan, shuffled paintings around. Rummaged for boxes and packing materiala. Really have to be careful with burnished gold frames  as they knick and ding easily.

Printed ID Tags and filled out.( Oh ya, forgot to say that I thoroughly cleaned house last week including my office and I placed my Art Festival envelope in a safe place, so safe I couldn't find it. Thank goodness for friends who bail you out when you get in a pickle!)Began sorting through show baskets finding and adding tools, sponges, business cards etc, Need to add promotional materials for Summerfest and Erin is bring promo for First Sunday Stroll to the show.

Photographed new small paintings, downloaded to IPhoto and then uploaded to Etsy and Pinterest. Hopefully will get them on my website tomorrow. Will helped me today by wiring 7 paintings and commented that I'd forgot to sign one. OMG! What else is new!

I'd also like to make a slide show of paintings that are at the studio and at Gallery 329. I'll be able to take my laptop and have the slide show looping during the show.

On a side note, Lori got confirmation on a couple of questions we had about the "Silver" package for her and Bryans' destination wedding enabling me to send the last revisions for the wedding invitations to Julie. The invitations look very elegant.

Tomorrow things ramp up - have to have all paintings wrapped including the two 3' x 4' with bubble wrap, check that all my lights work, find my white table clothes and unroll my rug and let it lay flat for 48 hours. I'd hate to have lumpy bumps as they are such a tripping hazard.Must find and pack the duc tape so I can tape the edges of my rug down. Wouldn't want my business insurance to go up. It's hefty enough as it is,

I hope & pray that sales at the Festival are good this year for everyone, including me. Last year sales over the year were less then stellar. It gave a whole new meaning to starving artist.




No comments:

Post a Comment