Sunday 22 July 2012

SPECIAL THANKS TO MAYOR DAVE

My first meeting with Mayor Dave and Vickie was very exciting I had finally found a group of people committed to the arts and who understood that the arts act like a mirror reflecting the heart, soul and mind set of a community. The idea was to promote the Pelham artists through an original art show. I could hardly wait to tell my art friends - they were going to have a hard time believing me. Sports sports and more sports seems to be the name of the game in our area, after all we are Canuks were hockey reigns supreme and yes we all agree for the need to exercise regularly, no question,

But, art feeds the soul, it reflects the health of our community and YIPPPEEEE Mayor Dave gets it!

After this initial meeting, many more were to follow  with the Summerfest committee Gary, Julie, Bea, Todd, Katie & Vickie etc At every turn I was offered constructive suggestions and offers of help. They all made my life as show organizer easier. We had a plan. We executed it. Problems that a rose were dealt with promptly and professionally.

Kudo's you all of you.

We actually created something very special that has an amazing vibe.

Thanks Mayor Dave & the Summerfest Committee. I look forward to working on 2013's show.


No comments:

Post a Comment