Thursday 5 July 2012

PLEIN AIR IN FONTHILL

Packed up paints and graphite, picked Jim up at the Seaway and drove to Pelham Library. It was a lovely day to paint outside. Jim had us go over to the Bandshell were he suggested we look around and decide what we wanted to paint. He demoed with water colour. He discussed some of the difficulties painting outside ie continually changing light and shadows, overload of information which can make it challenging to decide on a composition. Jim's composition included a road sign and a hanging basket with the Pelham Library in he background. Two other artists worked on a similar composition to Jim's. Diane and I worked on different compositions of the back of the buildings on Pelham St. My composition included the church in behind Beamers and part of Peace Park. I decided to continue my experimenting with liquid graphite. I worked on 300lb Arches watercolour with mixed results. I definitely want to continue with this medium. Practice! Practice ! Practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment