Sunday 22 July 2012

FABULOUS FIRST ANNUAL ART IN THE PARK

Thanks to the Town of Pelham for inviting us to start an all original,juried fine art show which was an integral part Pelham Summerfest. "Come CHill on The Hill" - we artists had a blast! Excellent support from, the Pelham Summerfest Committee made this a great experience for me as the organizer of the  Art show. I could not have done this without the help of my friend Jim Kerr. I appreciate his advise. Jim always amazes me even when complications of diabetes are making his feet and legs so sore he hangs in, encouraging me along the way.

We would not have a show without the artists. I'd like to thank them all again and again. They are the heart beat of the show, displaying their wonderful creativity. You ROCK!

We had a great loss in our art community with the death of Maria Klokkou from cancer last week and her funeral was on Friday, she was best friend of Pat Paquin. Pat went to the funeral Friday, but was back in her tent for the start of the show Friday afternoon, Larry Wing had just had stomach surgery to remove a cancer these are just a couple of the remarkable artists I am honoured to have had showing with me at this First Annual  Art In The Park.

A very special vibe was wafted  through out the show with the music from some great bands, specially Kindred Spirit , warm summer days, sparkling white tents of the artists village, friendly artists chatting together sitting at tables under large locust trees, talking art with locals who dropped by to view the show and buy original pieces of art.

What can I say but we all had a wonderful time. I am very excited to start planning the 2nd annual show.

3 comments:

  1. Mayor David Augustyn you ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Pat, for the invite and all of your hard work.
    The weather worked out, the venue beautiful. Quality in music, artisans and crowds. Next year will be even better! I'll post some photos, soon!
    Congratulations on what will be, the best outdoor art show around!
    Cheers,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome organizational job again Pat! Anything you are
    involved in is always TOP Quality. Lovely cozy Venue, fantastic music, didn't even mind a little bit of Rain on Thursday Evening.
    Thank You soooo much for the Layout, I had the BEST Neighbour....YOU! I really appreciated the laughs and the Hugs!
    See you Soon
    Pat

    ReplyDelete