Thursday 14 March 2013

PAINTING! PAINTING! PAINTING!

Painting - so exciting when a trip leads to inspiration and experimentation click. Can't wait to see what my fellow artists think and awaiting the opening night of the Pelham Art Festival. I have been ferreted away in my studio for the past month and a half ever since our return from Mexico. It is delicious creating new work.

I have been holding off having the completed paintings photographed and added to my website. I'd like their official "TA DA" to be at the festival. Pushing oneself to work in an area that is unfamiliar is exhilarating, like going on a roller coaster for the first time. Your sure it will be an experience of a life time but never sure whether it will be as intense & well received as one anticipates.

Looking forward to Denise Sperry's workshop on "Texture" tomorrow. Although the workshop is for water colour medium, I'm sure it will translate well to my favourite acrylics.

I have also been busy with the start up of the 2nd Annual Art In The Park. We have almost our full compliment our artists and our new artists will be announced on the Pelham "Summerfest" Facebook Page along with a sample of their work and a brief artist's statement. Looking forward to setting up the "Artists Village" in Peace Park Thursday July 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment