Tuesday 16 July 2013

GETTING READY TO "CHILL ON THE HILL"!

Artists are coordinating paintings, tents, lighting etc getting ready for the BIG CHILL ON THE HILL!

In the Haftar studio, I am planning the layout for my display, selecting paintings and trying to finish a new painting for the show. I have my guest room ready for a friend and fellow artist to stay for the duration of the show. I am shipping a painting to a client this morning.

I am excited to see the pristine white tents of the artist village come together on Thursday. I am looking forward to hearing feed back about this years show. We have wonderful new artists joining us. I am particularly interested in hearing the response to our emerging artist Lauren Ellis. Lauren is a young artist working in graphite. This is her first show and I know she will receive a warm welcome and lots of support from all the artists in the village.

Exciting things happen in the artist's village the atmosphere "vibrates" with excitement. Our clients stroll under the cool umbrella of beautiful mature trees, sip on a glass of wine or beer and have the opportunity to view and purchase original art work. They meet and talk with the artists who have produced these unique pieces. Each piece is like a finger print telling the story of a particular moment in the artist's life.

Thursday, opening night will rock the "village" a cover band playing Elton John and Billy Joel will have the whole "Hill Jumpin Up"!  SEE YOU ON THE HILL - BRING THE FAMILY YOUNG & YOUNG AT HEART -  COME AND CHILL WITH US!

1 comment:

  1. Well from the sounds of it, it should be a great
    venue for all the Artisans. This is my first year here and am looking forward to the event.
    I enjoy meeting new artists from all over and particularly the wonderful people of Pelham and surrounding areas!....Now...where to leave my trailer???LOL

    Frans Rood

    ReplyDelete