Tuesday 13 November 2012

FOCUSING IN ON WHAT IS IMPORTANT

In my new website, I had my web designer add a section in the Gallery called"Series". I wanted to set a section/area aside where I could show specific directions or places that I am exploring with my art. It is wonderful to go exploring, leap into a new adventure of learning and development. This is very freeing, when you allow yourself to play, re invent, use new materials or better still old materials in a new way. I am sure that some of this is very trite as this is the underling beat of an artists inner drummer.

I decided recently to explore SPACE DIVISION on a canvas and how the use of COLOUR or lack of colour can be used to define each area in a landscape. I love the Niagara area and have decided to use local landscapes to act as supporting parts in this exploration. I will do two exercises using "The Glen" and two from "Balls Falls". Plus, two from beautiful Prince Edward County.

Canvas size 24 x 36

Canadian Palette

Now off to the studio to create!!!

Unveiling -  "Pelham Art Festival" on Mother's Day weekend 2013.



1 comment: